Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Private Thoughts

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased a new journal.  There are so many interesting journal covers to choose from these days.  It was difficult to choose.

Keeping a journal has always seemed to be an intimate habit to express the thoughts you cannot share with other people.  While I have this romantic notion of journal keeping, I haven’t been very successful in keeping a journal at various times in my life.  Having other people read your journal without being asked and becoming offended by something you’ve written, takes any romantic ideas about writing and crumbles them up like paper going to the trash can.  As I was relating my journal experiences to a friend they asked the question, “Why keep a journal if you don’t want someone else to read it?”

Admittedly, this is a very logical question.  In return my question is, “How do you express your most intimate thoughts if you can’t write them in a private journal?”

No comments: