Sunday, October 9, 2011

Moving Forward

For over a decade now, I’ve been divorced.  The majority of the time has been spent raising my child and working.  Time for me has been limited.  Throughout the years I have dated several men but the relationships have been shallow and led me down a dead end road.  In essence, the divorce has left me stuck in a rut of mud along the highway of life.

There is a list of activities I have done over the years attempting to get me “unstuck”.  Volunteer work, church, ballroom dancing, online dating, and sports are a few of the items on the list.  Each endeavor left me with a story but not successful in finding the right relationship. 

This morning I was watching Joel Osteen.  He was explaining, we have to let go of the past and move forward.  Sometimes instead of God taking us from point A to point B, He may take us to point Y then back to point B.  Many people will say you have to move forward.  My question is, exactly how do you move forward?  To this day, I have not heard one person say, this was the first step I took to move forward from this event in my life. 

I really don’t know if anyone reads this blog.  But if you do and if you have moved forward in your life from an unfortunate event, what was your first step?  What did you do to move forward?

No comments: